1996 Craftsman 139.53647SRT1 stopped working!

gilbert424May 17, 2012

what does it mean when the green receiver light blincks constantly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If it is blinking rapidly it is receiving a signal. If it is blinking randomly it is normal.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 4:05PM
gilbert424

It blinks 5 times stops for 3 secs and blinks 5 times again. Pushing the open/close button on the wall controller gives us a clicking sound, but no response. Using the remote doesn't produce even a clicking sound. Apparently it's not recieving a signal? We have 2 door openers so I saw what you meant about blinking randomly / recieving signal. Thanks for your quick response and help!

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 12:41PM
don_1_2006

Oops I gave you the wrong information. The code that LED is sending is "RPM sensor or motor overload." Mos commonly when this happens the door has traveled too far in the up direction and the trolley has jammed against the bolt just in front of the motor housing. If this is the case you can loosen the chain until the stress is removed from the chain and then the motor should run the door down. While the door is down locate the 'up limit' on the side of the motor unit and turn the control 2 full turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Now tighten the chain.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 6:32PM
gilbert424

Thanks for that info, it gaves us more to go on in diagnosing our problem.
The chain is clear. We noticed while checking the chain an electical buzzing sound when you touch or tap the black box on the opposite side of the limit switches. Also, light bulbs will not come on. Any ideas?

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 8:13PM
don_1_2006

Is the "black box" you refer to a round cylinder about 5 inches long with 4 wires going to it?

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 10:44AM
gilbert424

No, it's square with bottom right corner missing. It says DANGER and has 2 diagrams I think showing "how to" and "how NOT to" open the unit safely. It says not to use higher than 75 watt bulb and has a triangle with an electric bolt in it.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™