new construction garage-need creative ideas

thebearsfamilyMay 25, 2006

We have a 100 year old yellow brick house with no off street parking. Very close to the houses on either side. Front porch is wood and in poor shape full length of the house.We are doing alot of renovations inside the house and would like to dig out the front hiilside to put in a garage. We want to have an entrance into the basement from the garage. The questions I have are 1) how can we connect the basement, which is going to be higher, to the garage? and 2) what kind of creative thing can we do for the garage door? I hate the look of the average garage door and it will be a major focus of attention with our narrow lot, We will get an architect to draw up plans but I know you guys will come up with some other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noworries

RE garage doors, there are some sectional doors that look like old wooden barn doors but work like the standard doors you see in all new tract houses. The are very smart looking. A remodel up the street has just installed them in an arched garage doorway. Check with a door installer about them.

Bookmark   June 22, 2006 at 3:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucco78

The web site

http://xoomer.alice.it/garage-doors

We talk about Industrial Sectional Doors, Garage Doors, Residential Sectional Doors, overhead door for home, Overhead Sectionals!

Here you can find all the informations about the sectional system!

Here is a link that might be useful: SECTIONAL GARAGE DOORS

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 4:30AM
More Discussions
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™