Garage floor epoxy

Terry KolbergMay 18, 2007

Has anyone had experience with the Rustoleum or the Supercoat (sold at samsclub.com) garage floor finish? Any comments on how well these epoxies hold up in a residential garage? Any advice or hints on applying too would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikepagetdfw

Yes..that's should be a good epoxy..the key is a good stripping agent to remove all the dirt and oils, then a good etcher and primer..also there's the option to add a pouch of Non-skid to the epoxy..it's kind of a big job..what brand do you have? i used "Behr" and it's works pretty well altogether..anyway..just my 2 cents..mike DFW

Bookmark   May 19, 2007 at 8:54PM
ekoreilly

Ilive in the northeats, and when you park your car in the winter (which is when the garage is used) the melting snow goes onto the floor and water is "soaked" through the concrete.

NOW, if putting a poxy or sealeant on it, that would prevent the water form soaking through, right? Does anyone have a painted floor who lives in a snowbelt region?

Bookmark   May 21, 2007 at 10:26PM
m.miller

I live in Michigan and I know a few people with epoxy coatings in their garages. I am fairly sure it stops the water from soaking though. In fact one of my friends had to put his down on wet concrete to begin with. I don't recall what brand it was though.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 1:55PM
sqone

I would stay away from bargin coatings from Home Depot and alike. It wont last and if your going to take the time to do the proper prep, only to have it fail, you've wasted you're time and money. Buy a quality epoxy, do the proper prep and it will look great for many years.

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™