Sears Garage Door Opener won't close

tr6speedMay 5, 2008

I have a 1/2 hp Sears Craftsman garage door opener that will open with any of the devices, such as the wall mounted controller, the key pad, as well as the standard remotes and my homelink button in our Trailblazer. The problem I have, is it will only close with the wall mount controller and the key pad. However even with these you must hold the button until it is closed completely. The standar remotes including the homelink, will enage it, but it stops as soon as you hit the button and the light blinks. Holdong the button on any of these devices does not help. Also when it is open, the light remains on, until it is closed, which may be a few hours later.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If when you try to close it with the remotes the main light flashes 10 times and the door reverses to the open position it is a problem with the door sensors. Most commonly these get bumped and misaligned. They must be pointing at one another to work properly. They each have a small light and when properly aligned the lights will be lit and not flickering. Tweak them a bit.

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 6:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tr6speed

Thank you very much. It turned out that one of the sensors was pointing slightly upward. I lowered it and the garage door works fine. That save me $230 on buying a new opener.

Again thank you.

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 7:46PM
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™