model 139.53662SRT Craftsman

mick050May 2, 2010

Im having a problem with my remotes not having any range, ive change batteries and made sure that the antenna is completly straight down... even extended it by 10 inches... and now my keypad will not work outside, as it did before... and yes they are metal doors.. but that did not bother them before... its a 96 model..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
creek_side

Extending the antenna may have made the situation worse. It is probably cut to a specific resonant frequency. Extending it would change the antenna's resonant frequency to something other than its design frequency. How did you extend it, anyway?

Any changes in the building, such as large objects that have been moved, structural work? Anything that could be blocking the signals?

Have you had a lightning storm recently? The receiver may have had a component fail, which resulted in reduced sensitivity instead of a complete loss of function, either due to a power spike or just plain old age. Replacing the logic board of buying a whole new GDO would be your two options. At fourteen years of age, a new GDO makes the most sense.

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Moisture coming up through garage floor
House is in South Dakota. Split foyer. Built in 1977...
ohmmm_gw
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™