Chamberlain garage sensors

gmaniMay 3, 2006

Hi,

I am at my wits end. I had a new GDO installed and the sensors will NOT stay aligned. I have tried everything, including a laser level. I was told that I could tape the sensors together, eye to eye, and that would allow them to "think" everything was aligned. This hasn't worked either. PLEASE HELP! I don't need the sensors as I have no children, etc. and will be happy to put them back on if I ever sell my house. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much!

Greg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

There is absolutely no way to bypass the sensors. You are going to have to figure out what is happening. Are the brackets tight? Do you store anything next to the brackets?

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 6:11PM
gmani

Hi Don,
I have tried everything, the brackets are tight, there is absolutely nothing in the way, I have cleaned the sensor optics, etc. They re-aligned themselves one cold morning and then they were mis-aligned by the time I got home and that was the end of it. I have put them 6" apart to see if I could get the lights to come on and nothing happened. The light on the opener comes on occasionally when the door is open, as it would if the sensors were tripped, but that is as much action as I get. The keypad works fine and the openers work when I need to open the door. This is so very frustrating.....maybe I should contact the company for a warranty repair. I appreciate your comments and assistance!

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 8:28AM
gmani

I have spoken to the company and they are sending me new sensors and bell wire.....keeping my fingers crossed!
Greg

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 1:32PM
Don_

Great. That should take care of your problem. Let us know if possible. It would sure be fun to find out which part was bad after you get everything working. You may be past the "fun" part though.

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™