sears garage opener chain

yardvarkersMay 24, 2006

I recently bought a sears model 139.53990D opener. I had an experienced company install it. After running it a few times the chain sagged a lot. I adjusted it and after a few more openings it sagged more. I looked at the header and it looks fine. The rail is sagging in the center. Any ideas what I can do or what happened? Thanks for any and all replies.

Yard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

I would get those experienced installers back out there and show them the problem. If not, and the unit is less than 90 days old it is in warranty. Sears will probably charge you to correct an improper install.

Bookmark   May 24, 2006 at 3:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvarkers

I called the installers back. They came and blamed it all on the type of door and opener I have. They did try to fix the header that had pulled loose from their shoddy work and told me to not adjust the chain any more saying "it's ok for it to sag." BS. After they left I operated it twice and the header then had a 1 inch gap behind it and of course the chain was again loose enough to drag on the top edge of the door. I looked down the rail and could see a significant ammount of downward bow. I called him and only got a message. Later in the day he called and admitted it was a poor install! So he agreed to fix the header right and get the right rail for an 8' door and only charge me a total of what Sears would have charged which is $119.00 plus tax. I'll believe that when I see it.
Yard.

Bookmark   May 24, 2006 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™