craftsman opener / remote keypad issues

hodgesMay 27, 2008

I have a Craftsmans garage door opener with 2 remote openers and 1 keypad entry mounted outside the garage door. The problem I am having is I can get both garage door remote openers to work but not at the same time. When I get the 2cnd one programmed the 1st one don't work anymore. And I cannot get the keypad to work at all. I have the book and the instructions for reprogramming seem pretty easy but it's just not working. The keypad worked fine before I started messing with the remotes.

Any ideas ??

Opener Model # 139-53674srt2

keypad model # 139-53684

Thanks,

D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Did both remotes ever work?

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 4:58PM
hodges

I can get them both to work now but not at the same time. I cannot say for sure that both ever worked at the same time. I think that they did when I 1st bought the house. Then I programmed the built in button in my new truck and didn't need the other one so set it aside for a couple years. Now the truck with the built in button is gone and I need the 2cnd remote again.

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 5:11PM
don_1_2006

There is a problem where a remote will quit rolling the code and will cause the problem you have. You can usually tell which one it is because it is the one that will not work with the keypad and the other one will. But----you say your keypad is also not working. Try programming the keypad again and make sure you press and immediately release the learn button on the motor unit.

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™