Garage Door Returns to Open Position

superwomanMay 23, 2008

Just wondering how to fix the problem...Recently I replaced a sensor that seemed to have gone bad. Now, some weeks after the door working properly, when I press the console or wall unit or the car unit the door opens, the light flickers for about 6 flashes. The car remote will not close the door and the console will only close the door, before it returns to the top/open position. Is this a part gone bad or signs that a new garage door opener is required.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Are you saying the door will open okay but when you try to close it the door reverses to the open position and the main light flashes 10 times? If so you once again have a sensor problem. Make sure they are pointed directly at one another and the small light on each one is on.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 4:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilltop_gw

Could it be that something is hitting the sensors to make them misalligned? We had a similar problem with brand-new garage door & opener. Quickly realized that if the walk-in door swung all the way open it tapped the sensor & after 2 or 3 times it nudged the sensor enough to make the garage door not want to close.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™