Craftsman Garage Door Problem

mbrownoneMay 2, 2013

Hi, I am new to the forum and had a question that would be of much help. I replaced the drive gear on my garage door opener due to a common problem with the teeth being worn down. Appeared simple enough and have it put back together now. The problem is that nothing happens when I press the single button control on the garage wall and I still need to manually open and close the door. The only movement of the drive and system is after I unplug a white "lego-looking" connector. There are about 4 prongs which connect into it. Seems odd that the motor will run with it disconnected, but not after I connect it back again. Can anyone shed some light as to what is happening?? How can I correct this?? Thank you.

This post was edited by mbrownone on Thu, May 2, 13 at 20:57

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

Have you tried their 1-800 phone number? They seemed to be familiar with common problems and their solutions when I had to call a few years ago.
YMMV

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mbrownone

I may end up calling when I locate the number. I've been able to make the motor work but the door only moves about a foot then retracts again. Feeling like its a tension or other setting which was changed (unintended) during replacement of gear drive. Thanks for your reply.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™