Craftsman Garage Door Problem

mbrownoneMay 2, 2013

Hi, I am new to the forum and had a question that would be of much help. I replaced the drive gear on my garage door opener due to a common problem with the teeth being worn down. Appeared simple enough and have it put back together now. The problem is that nothing happens when I press the single button control on the garage wall and I still need to manually open and close the door. The only movement of the drive and system is after I unplug a white "lego-looking" connector. There are about 4 prongs which connect into it. Seems odd that the motor will run with it disconnected, but not after I connect it back again. Can anyone shed some light as to what is happening?? How can I correct this?? Thank you.

This post was edited by mbrownone on Thu, May 2, 13 at 20:57

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

Have you tried their 1-800 phone number? They seemed to be familiar with common problems and their solutions when I had to call a few years ago.
YMMV

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mbrownone

I may end up calling when I locate the number. I've been able to make the motor work but the door only moves about a foot then retracts again. Feeling like its a tension or other setting which was changed (unintended) during replacement of gear drive. Thanks for your reply.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™