Craftsman 1/2 hp opener just clicks when try to open

dkk71May 8, 2007

Our Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener appears to have all power to it fine. Green light is on at control pad (3 key one) and the sensor lights are on, however, the lights on the opener itself for seeing won't come on at all and when you hit the button to open the garage door or the light button it will only hear a click.......nothing else........the lock is not on and we tried to unplug it and plug it back in as well and still the same thing. It is about 10 years old. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

When your opener quit working was the door in the open position? Does the small LED blink 5 times then pause and repeat? It is located next to all those white wires. If so your trolley is probably jammed against the bolt just in front of the opener. Remove the bolt and run the door until it closes. Then using a small screwdriver turn the 'up limit' control about 4 turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. The 'up limit' is located on the side of the opener. Let us know.

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marty88

I have a similar problem with a Craftsman garage door opener, model 139.53628SRT. There is power to the unit and the green lights on the safety sensors are on. When I press the wall unit or the remotes, I hear a click, followed by a second click a few seconds later. But, the motor doesn't run. When this first happened, the door was in the closed position. None of the lights on the unit blink when we press the wall unit buttons or the remote.

Thanks for your help!

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 6:55PM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™