What is this kind of rattan or wicker called?

pegasus5726August 25, 2012

What is this kind of wicker or rattan called where the thin wooden strips are woven into circular weave and used in furniture? It's kind of like wicker or rattan, but I don't know if that is what it is. Here is a photo... click on link or copy and paste the following address:


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's caning.

Here is a link that might be useful: chair caning

    Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thank you!!!! :)

    Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:17PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
Flexsteel Lattitudes question....
My wife and I are about ready to purchase our first...
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™