Craftsman Garge Door Opener Will Not Close

jeanie_gardenerMay 13, 2006

We have a Craftsman garage door opener that will not close using the remote. The only way to close it is to go to the garage and manually press the control. About a month ago, lightning struck a few feet away. This is not the first time that lightning has struck in the area and we replaced the garage door openerthe first time. We read on your website that the sensors at the bottom may not be aligned or bad - the one on the left had a light but the one on the right did not so my husband purchased new sensors and installed them but that does not help. He is thinking of purchasing another new garage door opener but since we have already spent $40 on the sensors, is there any way we can fix it without purchasing a new system? Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Make sure those sensors are properly aligned. One of the sensors has a light that is always on. The other sensor has a light that will come on only when the sensors are aligned. Try moving the sensor with the light to the other side of the door and see if it still lights. That should help you diagnose a wiring problem. If the wires have been disconnected at the opener make sure the two solid white wires are connected to terminal 2 and the two white wires with black tracer are connected to terminal 3.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™