Craftsman Garage Door Opener

buffy4444May 5, 2010

I don't have all the details in front of me, and I'm not sure it even matters if I have the model number or horsepower information. If it does, then please let me know. First off, I'm helping my husband troubleshoot this problem (as he knows more about garage doors and I know more about posting to forums) :)

The problem is pretty basic. We have an outside keypad that intermittently works. We also have two remotes that intermittently work. My husband told me his opener would work if he stood inside the garage, but not outside the garage. He re-programed everything and it worked last night, but then not this morning (both the keypad and the remote). Any ideas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
creek_side

Have you changed the batteries in the remotes and keypad? That's the first step.

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 9:18AM
buffy4444

Yes, he has changed the batteries. In fact, he got it working last night - remotes, outside control panel, etc. and the next morning. NADA! The remotes wouldn't work and neither would the outside control panel.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 2:37PM
creek_side

Could be an intermittent receiver problem on the logic board. It could also be intermittent interference. If there is strong interference, moving the transmitter (the remote) closer to the receiver would overcome it.

Interference can come from many different sources, only some of which are likely to be under your control. See if you can find any correlation between the times the problem occurs and any electrical device that may be on at the same time, including lights.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Sponsored Products
Pink Hanger - Set of Four
$8.99 | zulily
ClosetMaid SuiteSymphony 25 in. Tower Base - 8870
$74.99 | Hayneedle
Adorne Auto-On/Auto-Off SensaDimmer - 700 Watts (Dimming Occupancy Sensor)
LBC Lighting
Latte Wisteria Soft Impressions Mat
$39.99 | zulily
Genie ChainLift Extension Kit - 37648R
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Jelly Jar Oil Rubbed Bronze Outdoor Wall Mounted Light
$10.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™