Reset garage door motor signal

zenwarpMay 26, 2006

My wife has a remote built into her Land Rover Discovery. I think you call it a homelink. She divorced me and the house is mine now. How do I reset the signal in the motor so her car can't open the garage door? How do I change the key-pad number on the outside of the door so she can't use that either? I use a small remote that has a red light and a row of switches in side of it. The unit is a craftsman 1/2 hp. The number on the back of it is HBWO777. It also has one green button and one green LED on the back of it.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

On the back of the motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find a button. Press and hold it for 6 seconds. At this point none of the remotes will work including the keypad. Now to program your remote, press and hold the button on the remote and then press and immediately release the button on the back of the motor unit. This will get your remote going. To program the keypad, press and immediately release the button on the back of the motor unit again and then walk over to the keypad and key in any 4 digit number and press enter. You will be set.

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 5:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zenwarp

Thank you so much :)

Bookmark   May 27, 2006 at 6:24AM
More Discussions
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™