Craftsman GDO problem

chrisdgdoMay 11, 2007

I have two Craftsman model 139.53681B GDOs with the three button keypads, as well as an outside coded keypad. We recently lost power during a thunderstorm and neither GDO is working, either by remote or keypad. The lights on the keypads are lit solid, but those on the motors are blinking in 5 blink intervals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

That blinking 5 times is the code for "RPM sensor or motor overload." That doesn't make sense with your problem. I would first of all try unplugging both openers from the power and let them sit for a few minutes. Just may reset their tiny brains. Two openers with the same problem at the same time is mighty strange. I really suspect lightning damage rather than a problem caused by the electrical outage. I'm at a loss beyond this point.

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 4:31PM
sjb70

I have the same problem. I unplugged the GDO and waited a few minutes and then I erased the code and re-programmed. It would work at times for a couple of days or just a few minutes. The unit itself works, it just the remotes and homelink that doesn't work consistantly. I'm still experiencing this problem and don't know what to do.

Bookmark   May 19, 2007 at 12:34PM
sjb70

Now I can't get the homelink in my car to work and finally got the remote reprogrammed only to have it work when I point it right under the atenna wire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Sears GDO does not close
I've searched on the forum without any luck. My Sears...
jerseybob_gw
Relocate Carriage House on new foundation?
Hi there. My 1985 Victorian home here in Maine also...
dplayers1
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™