Flexsteel Latitudes Brandon Sofa or...?

arazaviAugust 16, 2010

Hi,

We just finished remodeling our house, which was a chore. But now that it is all said and done, we are extremely happy.

The last thing left is figuring out which sofa to buy. After visiting a few local sofa stores, we liked the comfort, color, and configuration of the Flexsteel Latitudes Brandon sectional sofa. I have heard good things about it from the stores I visited, but there have been a few posts on the internet saying the leather is fine, but the framing is plywood, and it is made in China so it might be of suspect quality.

We were planning on getting this sofa because of the large configuration we could make with it to fit our needs. However, if this is a bad sofa or truly a cheap product, then I won't be buying it. Any alternatives in the same price range would be great.

Configuration:

(2) love seats

(2) corner wedges

(1) sofa

Seats: 10 people

Price: $4300 +/- (Waiting on some more competitive numbers from local dealers)

Picture: (The cream colored sofa is what we were planning on getting with an additional corner wedge and love seat)

http://www.furnitureappliancemart.com/Collection.aspx?CollectionID=Brandon+UPH&CollectionNum=SOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haileginger

Hi Arazavi,
i purchsed the same set from maples leather for 15%off , I like the quality, it is leather vinyl match from the latitdues collection but , the comfort is awesome and has held up to my family which includeds twin boys, I got the sofa and loveseat and the recliners have bee easy to use without pinching fingers in them. for the price range I think is a good deal,

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 1:01PM
arazavi

Hi haileginger,

I am glad to hear you like the sofa. After going to several local furniture stores, that sofa happened to be the one that was the most comfortable when sitting down, and accommodated our seating needs. There are of course more sofas available in a higher price bracket, but we will not be paying more at this time.

I spoke with our local Flexsteel dealers, and they are quoting me a price of $4700 for my requested arrangement, due to prices going up a little bit this year according to one dealer. We got a quote of $4300 in May. I will wait for Labor Day weekend and check the stores again to see if they are having any kind of promotions.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 6:49PM
miaochi

First, the selection is huge and the price is often amazing! You can pretty much find all types of sofas in any size. If youÂre refurnishing a home, you should consider their Home collection, which is filled with some spectacular deals. If you looking for cheap sofa, we strongly suggest you take a look at some websites selling furniture. Many sofas are sold in "buy it now" format, so you donÂt need to wait for an auction to be completed.

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 4:02AM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™