Sears Garage Door Opener

woody45April 17, 2011

I have a Sears opener model 139.536151SR. The problem when I opened the door it kept going untill it hit a bolt,it did not stop. I thought it might be a limit switch problem I checked them they checked ok so I swapped the circuit board from my other opener. It did the same thing as before so then I thought I would just swap the limit switch assembly to see,that also didn't change anything either. I have an opener that works that I can use as test unit but I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Woody

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The up limit needs to be adjusted. The door should stop with the trolley about 4 inches short of that bolt in the T-rail. Usually 2 full turns of the up limit control in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover will fix this problem.

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 10:09AM
woody45

Don thanks for your input. The problem is I have adjusted the limit switches also I swapped the limit switch assembly
(includes the up & down limit switches) that didn't change anything. I also swapped out the circuit board with my working garage opener also no change. Something is causing it to not shut off going up. Any other ideas?
Woody

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 11:07AM
don_1_2006

There isn't anything other than the limit switch assembly and the logic board. Watch the limit switch assembly as the door is opening and see if the contacts actually meet before the trolley hits the bolt. You might try cleaning those contacts with some emery cloth. Every function of your opener is controlled by the logic board. I would also trace the wire going to the up limit contact to make sure it isn't broken or has come loose.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 3:28PM
woody45

Don after futher diag I found the terminal tension on the gray wire that feeds the limit switches was not tight. It was on the end that plugs on the limit switches. I should have caught that the first time I unpluged it.
Thanks again for your help

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Sponsored Products
TW30 Wall Control by Fanimation Fans
$43.00 | Lumens
Aspects Wall Mounted Farm and Home 1-light 14 in. Silver Yardlight with
$58.00 | Home Depot
Warehouse Galvanized 16-Inch Outdoor Wall Light
$202.95 | Bellacor
Canned Food Storage Rack
Overstock.com
Blue Cast Iron Lasagna Pan
$44.99 | zulily