Garage door HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickcraftsmanApril 18, 2008

I just changed the sprocket assy on my door which is a 41A4315-7D and now the door only runs for about a foot and a half and then reverses. I have tried removing the chain and the limit switches and it does the exact same thing. so now the only thing running is the motor,and it does the same thing . what did i do wrong.Help please im going crazy here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
techdave

Hi Rick, Does your door have a sprocket?? :-)

As for your gdo, try to put the interruptor cup/rpm boardcircuit back together correctly? Cup all the way onto the motor shaft, and white four prong connector to the rpm board's pins.

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 12:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Make sure you put the black cap back on the end of the motor shaft and that it is pressed all the way on. Make sure the RPM sensor is plugged in. If neither of these is the issue then you probably did not have the motor shaft pushed all the way back when you tightened the coupler after replacing the worm gear. Loosen that coupler up and from the front of the motor (opposite end in which the coupler is on) push the shaft back as far as it will go. Hold it there while you tighten the coupler back up and then try it.

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™