Craftsman keypad change

jtsimpsonApril 24, 2006

I have a Craftsman garage door opener that I need to change the Pin for. It is not wireless. I've read that it requires two people to change but the main garage door opener does not have a smart button. It has a light button, a lock, button, and the main opener. Can someone direct me on how to change the pin on the keypad.

thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

If you are talking about changing the PIN on a wired keypad, here we go. It only takes one person.

First unplug the garage door opener from the electrical outlet. Next, remove the nameplate from the console that the keypad plugs into and locate the program/operate switch. Flip the switch to program. Next, enter your desired four-digit PIN number into the keypad. Slide the switch back to operate, and plug the garage door opener back in. The keypad should be programmed.

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 7:28PM
eronald

I have craftsman garage door opener and I need to change the PIN on a wireless keypad but I don't know how, can someone direct me on how to change the pin on the wireless keypad.
thanks,

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 12:16PM
don_1_2006

On the back of the motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find the smart/learn button. Press and immediately release it and then walk over to your keypad and key in the PIN number you want and press enter. Should do it for you.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 1:13PM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™