Help With Laminate Layout
I'm planning a DIY laminate install and struggling with the layout and install order / direction. My goal is to lay the laminate as continuously as possible. However, the laminate we've chosen (a 12mm St. James from LL) requires a T-molding expansion joint for any width or length over 8 meters / 27 feet. So I know I'm going to need at least some joints, I just want as few as possible. I'm attaching a diagram of my floorplan and I'll try to hit all the high notes on specifics.
- Laminate goes in all the bedrooms, closets, and the hallway.
- The two bathrooms and the laundry rooms will not be laminated.
- Floor joists run north and south as depicted on the floorplan.
- The master bedroom door opening is a double door.
- The entry to the laundry room is a double folding door.
- All other doors are standard width.
- The laminate installs easiest from left to right.
Due to the length of the hallway, I know I'm going to need a joint at the entry to the girls' room. Do I NEED any others? Any others strongly suggested? Any suggestions for where to start the install to minimize frustration?
Here is a link that might be useful: