Porcelain tile new product

pamike1April 2, 2011

Has anyone had experience, or heard good or bad about Clik by Daltile, or Snapstone products for kitchen floor. DH wants tile and I kind of like that it resembles travertine but is porcelain tile. Can't find any reviews on it, relatively new product since late 2010. So happy I found this site; I've lurked around this site to help with style preferences since we decided to remodel our kitchen. Just placed order for cabinets today after experiencing "decision paralysis" and on to the next decision (ugh). TY

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbcollins

I found Cliks on Home Depots site. Looks quick and easy since you don't have to grout. But expensive.

Snapstone on Lowes site. This does need to be grouted.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 8:44AM
aliceinwonderland_id

I wouldn't use it. Tile is rigid - your subfloor is not. As your subfloor expands, contracts and changes with weather, your tile cannot. Since Cliks is not supported by thinset, stepping on it if your subfloor is not perfect, will crack and break it. I can understand these "quick and easy" tile install methods for walls that will not see any stress in low-traffic areas, but on floors? Absolutely not.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 10:06PM
pamike1

Thank you for your answers to my posting. I do want a kitchen floor that will hold up, since the back door leads through the kitchen, traffic is heavy. As my husband says we are a family with a tendancy towards clumsy, not to mention two dogs that use the back door to go outside, our kitchen is Grand Central.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Any experience with BellaCera hardwood flooring and/or hickory wood?
We fell in love with a hickory hardwood in their line,...
happyallison
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
Anyone used the Dream Home laminate from LL?
My boyfriend is remodeling his kitchen and we are most...
kitchenlover
Ceramic wood tile into sunken living room?
Getting ready to remodel a house I am purchasing. Would...
m323
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™