Craftsman Remote Problems

keithcampoApril 29, 2007

I have a Craftsman Garage Door Opener Unit. I can only have ONE Craftsman remote operational.

If I program one remote it works. When I go to program the second remote, it will not program. The light on the receiver only flashes.

If I clear all codes to program that second remote, then I again have the same problem that I had. The remotes are identical with brand-new batteries built for that opener.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helper_2007

Hi keithcampo,

If you go the posting REMOTE & KEYLESS ENTRY PAD PROBLEMS, posted by me (helper_2007) on Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 15:55 -
with 29 follow-ups, you'll see I had a similar problem.

In the very long run, I ended up having to get two brand new remotes at Sears, and that solved the problem. I hope this helps.

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 8:44AM
don_1_2006

You shouldn't have to buy both remotes. Get one and by a process of elimination you should be able to tell which of your old remotes is bad. Throw it in the trash and keep the two that work.

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 2:25PM
sjb70

I have a somewhat similar problem except I tried to reprogram a remote, keyless pad and homelink in my car and at one point all three worked but now I can eventually get the homelink and remote to work but for only a short time. Then I have trouble getting it to work again.

Any suggestions? Don't think buying a remote is my problem since the homelink doesn't consistantly work either and the keyless pad doesn't work at all.

Bookmark   May 19, 2007 at 12:45PM
my66imp2dr

I have a 6 month old 1/2 HP belt drive. Have 4 remotes and all have stopped working. Tried reprograming, new batteries, unplugging. Nothing seems to work. When reprograming I can't get any lights to flash. Went to Sears and they are more than happy to send out a service person at $ 65.00 + labor. Someone said it might be the board is defective. Parts are still free, will Sears take my word for it that the board is bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bookmark   May 21, 2007 at 10:43PM
don_1_2006

I'm not sure how Sears will handle this. Why don't you call your salesman or better yet the store manager and explain the situation. It is obviously the logic board. The part number is on that board. It starts with 41Axxxxx.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 3:06PM
sjb70

Now I can't get the homelink to work and I finally was able to reprogram the remote and it works sometimes only when I get right under the atenna wire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Relocate Carriage House on new foundation?
Hi there. My 1985 Victorian home here in Maine also...
dplayers1
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Sponsored Products
White Canterbury Twin Disney 5 Princesses Lightheaded Bed Set
$399.99 | zulily
Beltre Ceiling Fan by Ellington Fans
$189.00 | Lumens
Bruck | Chroma Z10 Track Spot
$390.00 | YLighting
VIG Furniture - Polaris - Italian Leather Sectional Sofa in Black...
Great Furniture Deal
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Unbranded Marta 52 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan 24030
Home Depot
Amit Mist Cooler
$229.00 | FRONTGATE
Nexus Indoor-Outdoor Cordless LED Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Duncan Rectangular Solid Bronze Entrance Set
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™