'BBB' has meant 'Better Business Bureau' ... and now, also ...

joyfulguyNovember 15, 2008

"Broke Bankers' Bailout".

ole joyful

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
turnage

joyfulguy - I just waved my magic wand - you're now a bank - now you can get in line too.

Bookmark   November 15, 2008 at 7:02AM
joyfulguy

Hi turning into age,

Thank you, thank you. You are so kind!

Trouble is ... I fear thatI couldn't qualify.

One has to be well known ... well connected.

And making a few million a year ... quite a few!

It was a nice thought ... while it lasted!

ole joyful

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 2:17AM
dreamgarden

The BBB is a joke. The BBB encourages and solicits money from the very businesses they monitor! How is this supposed to be beneficial to the consumer?

All you need to do to become a BBB member and get that very impressive, overrated BBB plaque, is to call the BBB and tell them you want to be a member. You can tell the BBB anything you want about yourself, ...they will never check it out. That's correct! They never check it out. All that BBB plaque means is, they paid their dues. (Period)

The BBB is not run by the government, but they do a lot of business with the FTC âÂ" at least that's what I hear. They are a non-profit, charity organization known as a 501(c)(3). This means that whatever money you donate to their cause is tax-deductible. The money that you donate is supposed to go into programs and charitable causes. The organization is supposed to report their income, report their board of directors, report about their programs, and so on. This information appears on IRS form 990.

One final irony: if you have a complaint against the Better Business Bureau, you can't file it with the Better Business Bureau. And just as Groucho Marx once quipped that he would never join a club that would have him as a member, the Better Business Bureau is not a member of its own organization.

Maybe it's all a big joke?

Too bad the banker BS bailout wasn't......

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Experience as a 1-car couple?
We moved into a new home (my first real house with...
ayimera
Buying a new house financial questions?
This seems silly, but I don't have anyone else to talk...
Butternut
Refinance with Bank of America taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R
We started the process for our refinance April 25th...
wickedgrace
Do I need to give a 1099-misc to the lady who cleans for me?
For the first time ever, I began having a lady clean...
sogofan
Buying a car
I am planning to buy a car, but my credit rating is...
HerscheLL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™