Craftsman GDO 139.18873 5 flash signal

johncan30April 20, 2008

I have just successfully completed the installation of a drive/worm gear kit. The info in your forum helped with some minor problems, thanks. On retesting the safety items and adjusting the up and down forces the manual suggested that I run the door through 3 or 4 cycles. I did this and the door stopped partway up on the 4th cycle. A green LED flashes 5 times on the back of the unit with a 3 second pause in between flashes. After 20 minutes or so the unit worked again but the flashing continues. Since then I have only opened and closed the door, not running it upand down more than once.

What does the 5 flash signal mean and do I have a problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johncan30

After help from another forum I found the LED codes in the Chamberlain website. The 5 flash code means an overheated unit or a bad RPM sensor. I had not properly reinserted the RPM sensor and had corrected that earlier but may not have powered down to reset the sensor, or I had overheated the unit by running it frequently while retseting the safety settings. In anycase I have now unplugged and replugged the power and the LED has stopped flashing. Hopefully that is all, I will wait and see. Thanks for the help a great site.

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™