Buyers remorse - Support needed!!

thenicksterAugust 12, 2012

After putting aside my concerns about buying Ethan Allen, I ended up purchasing furniture for the living room. I worked with one of their design consultants who was very kind, and took a leap of faith that everything would be ok.

The furniture came yesterday and all is not ok. I hate the couches - the feel of it, the color, or the smell of the synthetic fibers (27% of unknown fiber? What does that mean?).

I will have to live with it for a while until a figure out whether I want to accept the loss of over $3,000 and start over. I was hoping you could give me some of your experiences for when you hated your purchase and how you either learned to live with it or moved on.

I should have listened to my mother who said to buy Henrdon or from North Carolina....ugh!!!

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I hope you have not paid in full....send it back!!!!!

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:35AM
thenickster

I forgot to add custom made so can't return it. Might have to consider Craig's list or E-bay at some point...

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:47AM
lindac

Of course you can return it....you will pay a "re-stocking" fee....but that probably will be less than the his you will take selling in on Craig's list.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 2:05PM
john_wc

What were your concerns about Ethan Allen?

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 4:40PM
rmanbike

If I understand correctly, its the fabric, the feel and smell. Do you have a sample or swatch of this fabric EA give for you before purchase. Does the swatch match exactly to the fabric on your sofa. If not you have a legit complaint.
But if their are other concerns, but mostly buyers remorse, Most manufacturers return policy states that they will not allow returns on custom built sofas, and even in stock sofas with charge for restocking fees and/or shipping fees.
But their are a few. Try google search these terms
"custom sofa 100% money back guarantee"

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 2:55AM
oceanswifter

rmanbike is this the company you are reccomending who takes back sofas without a restocking charge and sells direct: ICustomSofa

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 8:07AM
rmanbike

I thought their were 1 or 2 other manufacturers that offered this easy return policy on custom fabrics or leathers. But it looks like ICustomSofa maybe the only one from all the research I have done on this. Unless someone else has found a manufacturer offering this?

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 3:32AM
More Discussions
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™