overhead garage door company question

andrelaplume2April 20, 2007

We bought a home that has two OHGDC openers installed---LEGACY models. Are these good models and is this a good brand? We never had a garage before so I have no idea what I am looking at. Both work. My side is a little loud and makes a bit of a clunky noise. My wife's side is quiet and smooth yet I see the chain is not tight up against the rail that runs from the opener to the far wall where the door is. It actually hangs down. I have tried to find online manuals to educate myself as to what is right and wrong and have found nothing. Ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Overhead door openers are Genie openers with overheads name stamped on them. If they are working leave them alone. The legacy models do have circuit board problems so I would recommend you plug the openers into one plug surge protectors, otherwise when they stop working replace them with a Sears or Liftmaster opener. Don't spend the money to fix them.

To answer your question I would not install them in my house and do not recommend any one else installing them in theirs.

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 6:40PM
andrelaplume2

any other opinions?

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 2:55PM
andrelaplume2

back to considering replacements since my one remote is acting quirky as is a wall button. They are from 1995 so I was suprised at the prior comment. Anyone else care to reccomend a brand...or agree with the prior post...?

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 9:34AM
More Discussions
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™