Smith Brothers vs everyone else

heatherpooreAugust 16, 2013

I have done some research on several couches for about a year. We have looked at Justice, Best, Lacrosse, Smith Brothers and Flexsteel. I am having trouble deciding if the price of Flexsteel and Smith Brothers is worth it. I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old so I need a good fabric. We had incredible luck with our micro fiber Lacrosse couch (10 years!) but I am not sure about the quality now. Our local furniture store told me that Best and Justice were better quality than Lacrosse. Then after reading other posts on here I looked at Flexsteel and Smith Bros. My hubby is not convinced it is worth the extra money since our $700 couch lasted so long. Please help! Suggestions on fabric or brand are welcome

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wolfpackmom

Heather we just purchased Smith Brothers this summer..we got leather and love it.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 7:46PM
trinimommy

I had a Smith Bros. sofa delivered about one month ago and am very pleased with it. It fits me very well and provides good support. I have no complaints about the workmanship. I think it is a good value for the price.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 10:34PM
Holly- Kay

I just ordered Smith Brother chairs and will be ordering a Hancock & Moore sofa. While waiting for my sales lady I was speaking to another gal at the store and she has SB furniture that is around 5 years old and she loves it!

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 11:25AM
LeslieP

I have two Smith Brothers love seats for 5 years. They both get very heavy use everyday and look like they were delivered today. I am so glad I chose them. They are well constructed and the cushions are perfect.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 7:22PM
tuesday_2008

I bought a Smith Brothers sofa and loveseat in 1986 and used them until 2007. Had them reupholstered in the 90's just because I wanted a change. The original SB fabric was MUCH better than what i used the second time around. When I gave them up, they were still solid - the "new" fabric had not worn so well though.

Needless to say, I bought ANOTHER Smith Brothers set in 2007. It also is wearing well.

I am also looking at a leather Smith Brothers rocker/recliner in the near future. Their leather is pretty pricey, so I may do some comparison shopping with Hancock and Moore.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 6:08PM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™