Sears Garage Door Remote Works On and Off

jeepstudnazApril 20, 2007

I have a sears garage door opener that is less than 10 years old. Just recently the remote began to work only part of the time. I suspected the batteries so changed them and not change at all. I read some of the forums and decided to buy an new remote, the new remote does the same thing. I tried reprogramming the remotes and still the remotes will work fine sometimes and others times it may open the door but not close it or may open it, close it and then when i return home it wont open it, so i have to go inside and open it with the wall switch. Then when the car is in it works fine again.....what is the problem??????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Could be a bad reciever in the logic board. If you stand underneath the opener and it works 100 percent of the time and quits working the further away you get then it is the reciever and the logic board needs replaced. On a long shot you might have some interference somewhere. This can be determined by remote not working at certain times of the day or with certain things turned on or plugged in, in the garage.

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™