Looking for a special wrench or socket?

gillozMarch 26, 2011

I have this fastener that screws on to a 1/2" spindle on an exercise bike that holds the bearings in place for the pedal crank wheel. This fastener looks like a washer, but to install it, I need a tool that has two blades, like a blade screwdriver, at opposite sides that fit the slots on this fastener. It's round with these side way slots at the 9 and 3 o'clock position. This fastener screws on to the spindle to hold the bearings in place. Seems like iI need a long socket wrench with two blades about 35mm apart from each other to fit the slots on the fastener. I hope I have describe the tool I am looking for. Kind of like a spanner wrench, but with slotted blades rather than pins. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stick9147

I have an item come into my shop occaisionally that needs a socket type tool with two pins on it and my best removal method is a 1/8" Snapon punch and a 12 oz hammer tapping in one hole and kind of rotating the nut around.
In your case the piece sounds like it's recessed too far for that so maybe you can adapt one of the tools shown at http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP5023-Antenna-Wrench-Socket/dp/B003IOIQ1U by grinding off two of the lugs on whichever socket fits. If the wrench tool would work they sell that piece separate at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=Antenna+Wrench+&x=25&y=24

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 1:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gilloz

Thanks stevemonroe for your response. I found the tool from Park Tools that is for this specific fastener, but it has been discontinued. I guess I will have to use the same method to install this as I removed it. Thanks anyway.

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™