Sears Garage door opener problem

dnh1959March 11, 2007

I have a Sears Craftsman Garage door opener model #41A3493. My neighbors Genie remote opener opens my door everytime my neighbor opens or closes her door. My unit has a "learn button" that I have tried to push and leave pushed for 6 seconds to erase the codes in memory but my remote continues to operate my door as well as my neighbors opener continues to work. My owners manual is not the right manual. It does not indicate a "learn button but mentions dip switches on both the remote and the receiver, which my unit does not contain. My unit only has the dip switches on the remote. This has become very frustrating. I recently purchased a Liftmaster Universal Radio control, which works fine but my Sears remote still works, as well as my neighbor's Genie remote. Please help me to either erase the memory or suggest other options.

Thank you,

Danny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If you cannot erase the memory you have a bad logic board. I would suggest replacing the opener due to the cost.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 12:42PM
doorguy06

Hold the learn button in until the little light to the right of it goes out. I have never counted how long it takes.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 4:31PM
traceyd1

There is a web site with instructions on how to program your remote for your garage door opener, it is
residential-openers. You can just google garage dooor opener repair. There are alot of really good links out there. Hope that helps.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 11:54PM
dnh1959

Thanks to all that posted. My logic board must be bad as the light never goes out when I push the learn button. I found one replacement logic board on e-bay that I hope I am able to purchase and hope it fixes the problem. Again, thanks!

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 11:23AM
don_1_2006

There are many logic boards. Make sure the part number is the same as your old one. The part number starts with 41A and is on the plastic part the circuit board is attached to.

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 12:06PM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™