Metroflor Hybrid Plus - any experience?

cassidyhomeApril 27, 2010

I live in a house with about 1000 sf on the ground floor, on concrete slab, and I have been planning to rip up the carpet/maple/tile/vinyl to install one material on the entire level. I visited an independently-owned flooring store today and spoke to the owner about what could stand up to my crazy family - two kids, a dog, a woodworker husband, and myself a gardener. Our floors are always dirty and they have to withstand a lot of carelessness.

She recommended Metroflor's new plank product - Hybrid Plus - which is a "faux" wood look accomplished in super durable vinyl mounted to a HDF core plank. It was amazing to touch, warm and quiet on the feet, and distressed in its finish. I liked it immediately.

Anyone here have any experience with this product? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to a an online store, as Metroflor doesn't seem to have this product on their website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pinch_me

I'll be watching this thread. I'm looking for something. I don't know what, for the bathroom. I want WOW!

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 9:25PM
cassidyhome

The owner of the store said a powder room is okay but she wouldn't recommend using Metroflor in a bathroom because it needs to have a gap around the edges - it's a floating floor. You wouldn't be able to butt it right up against a tub, for example. For something WOW! I recommend a product we used in our master bathroom - Cerim Wood Collection Porcelain tile. You can see the Ellinton color in my bathroom:

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb Gallery page

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 11:59AM
dona

Cassidyhome -
Did you end up using the Metroflor Hybrid? My parents are considering using it, but I can't much info. on it. I'd love to hear about your - and anyone else's - experience with this product. TIA!

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 6:00PM
cassidyhome

In the 4 months since I saw Metroflor Hybrid Plus, I have not been able to convince my husband to go to the flooring store to look at it. If I did return to the store, I would hope the owner could share some customer experiences with the product.

I hesitate to be an early adopter with any new technology. In my mind, the product would suit my needs perfectly but I would like to talk to at least one person who has taken that plunge ahead of me!

It's also a little weird that Metroflor hasn't put Hybrid Plus on their website yet. What is up with that?

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 7:06PM
LINDSEY_APPLECREATIONS_NET

I am planning on installing this in a 1,000 sf on a ground floor for the exact same reasons as the first post. I am confident that it will be amazing and the added bonus is that it is an eco-friendly product. As an interior designer I have been searching all over to find the best dark floor that is durable, warm to the touch and fade resistant. The African Ebony so far has been my favorite. I think this is a Chinese brand so perhaps that explains the lack of information in english. I found the website finally: thehybridfloors.com

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 2:52PM
mohammad121_sbcglobal_net

Have 50 Thousan Sqare feet of this floor I am willing to sell them as low as $1.99 per sqfeet (310)329-3612

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 6:39PM
Mohammad121

I have 45000 sq feet of 20 mil metroflor vinyl plank and vinyl Tile
Planks: in two styles 1- Beach wood colors: Coronado and Ginger Metalic 2-parks Grand Teton and Yosemite
Tiles : Style 1- Apparel color Suede 2- Style onyx Colors A- Black pearls B- Aqua 3- Earthstone color Obsidian 4- Style: Shalestone color Clay All priced at $1.49 First Quality discontinued Please call me (310)329-3612

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
Difference visually between 1/8 and 3/16 grout joints?
We're thinking 1/8 but the installer is suggesting...
joep_2009
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
I need help on how to get cat urine odor out of concrete?
We had a cat that was 24 years old and the last year...
lindadianne
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™