Craftsman Garage Door Opener

agnhornMarch 29, 2006

I have a Craftsman garage door opener - model # 139.53977 SRT that was installed professionally when my house was built 5 1/2 years ago. For some reason, the keypad that the kids use to get into the garage after getting off the bus stopped working.

I thought it was the battery and replaced it - didn't do the trick. I thought maybe it was the pad and that through continued use, weather, etc. it was not functional and bought another one and installed it.

So, I did the smart thing and read the instructions several times to try to determine what I was doing wrong. I couldn't find anything that I was doing wrong, so I started from scratch by pulling the plug on the garage door opener, and set about resetting the 2 cars and the outside wall mount unit remote access.

However, I can't get the 2 cars and the wall mount pad to reprogram - I can only get 1 at a time to work. After the first one works, the second car and wall mount won't reprogram.

Anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate any responses.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

agnhorn, I hope you bought the same exact model number keypad. There is more than one and if you got the wrong one it would cause this problem although your 2 hand units should still work if you programmed them and not the keypad. Hold that smart 'learn' button in for 6 seconds. That will erase the memory in the receiver and then program your hand units. Do they still both work? If so, program the keypad and let's go from there.

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™