Liftmaster/chamberlin garage door opener...

helen818March 9, 2007

Hello there, I have a Liftmaster/Chamberlin garage door opener model 1260 1/2HP.

It has been installed and working perfectly for 9 years or so, but in the last few months, I've noticed that there are problems closing the garage door. I have remotes in the cars and a controller on the wall inside the garage. I don't seem to have any problems opening the garage door using the remotes in the cars or using the controller on the wall. But when I try to use the remotes and even the controller on the wall, about 60%-70% of the time, the garage door will not close on the first attempt. And if I'm trying to close the garage door using my remotes in the cars (batteries are fine), I will have to try many times and most of the time it won't close, and I have to use the controller on the wall in the garage to close it. And even then sometimes I have to try MANY times before it closes. I was wondering if I may need to change the receiver logic boards? And if so is it possible for me to just order the logic boards and do it myself?

Any help advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helen818

Oh, can someone tell me how much it may cost to replace the logic boards? I believe there are 2 in the opener assembly, am I correct?

Thank you

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 1:58PM
don_1_2006

Does your opener have sensors in the doorway? If so, make sure they are pointed directly at one another and the small light on each one is one and not blinking. There is one logic board and I think they retail for about $80.00. A 9 year old opener isn't worth that expense.

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 2:20PM
helen818

Hi don 1 2006,

I have checked to make sure that my 2 sensors are pointed directly at one another and the light on each one is ON solid, not blinking.... any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Bookmark   March 10, 2007 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™