Garage Door

ktabeMarch 18, 2009

I have a Liftmaster 1\2 hp that is eratic.I was recently away for a week, and the first two tries on returning, the door closed, where it didn't before I left.I've checked the sensors,down and up adjustments,tightend everything in sight,spray lubed,unplugged\plugged unit.Keeping the button on the wall remote will not override.Door will move about 12'to close, and then reverse. I don't have a hairdryer to heat up that sensor,so not sure if the temps are a problem here in NH.Brought the remote inside for heat,no good.This morning it closed twice, and that was it.Thanks Ktabe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the main light flashes 10 times when the door reverses it is a sensor problem. Even though the lights are on tweak the sensors a bit. Sometimes they are off just a hair and it causes an intermittent problem. If the main lights don't flash when the door reverses you could have a bad IR board. This is a small PC board just in front of the motor. Any good door opener service company will have one in stock and should sell it to you.

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 2:51PM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™