Dyson DC28

builtinvestorApril 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about the relatively new Dyson DC 28 Animal with the air muscle technology? It supposedly has adjustment settings for bare floors, low pile carpet, medium pile carpet, and deep pile carpet. The adjustments are made by pushing one of 4 buttons next to the power button. I am looking for a good vacuum cleaner for my recently installed Smartstrand Intelligent Style carpet (also known as Posh Origins). It has about a 59 oz face weight (96.5 total weight). The pile height is 0.721 inches. I already have a Dyson DC 14 that I got at Costco 5 years ago. I love the DC 14, but it is not adjustable, and when I tried using it on my new carpet, I could barely push it. It seemed like it was digging into the carpet way too much and it left rake lines. So I immediately stopped using it (and really need a new vacuum cleaner since I have no way of cleaning the carpet now).

I really love Dysons but am hoping to find one that will not ruin my brand new carpet. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisaelisabeth

Hi there,
I'm just inquiring if you ended up trying the Dyson DC28. I am considering the intelligent style carpet and recently bought a Dyson DC29 (before I became aware of these issues). Since it is still in the box I could exchange it.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:41PM
    Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 2:16PM
builtinvestor

LisaElisabeth.... I'm very sorry I didn't reply to your post (from over a year ago). I guess I didn't have things set to email me if someone replied to my post.

To answer your question, I did end up getting the Dyson DC28, and it works very well on our Intelligent Style carpet. You MUST use the high pile setting, but it does a fantastic job and is not difficult to push. We have had our carpet for four years now, and the DC28 has not damaged our carpet at all. Everything is holding up nicely.

I hope this at least helps others looking into Smartstrand carpet, since I'm assuming you got a vacuum cleaner a while ago.

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
Reviews : Brazilian direct - http://www.brazilianhardwood.com/ -
Did any one purchase solid hardwood from Brazilian...
luxman
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
concret floors
can you put linoleum on bare concret floors
marykwiley
Matte or shiny hardwood floors...what's your preference?
We are going to sand and refinish our floors. What...
jtaime2
Sponsored Products
Modern Fan Company | Aurora Ceiling Fan
$384.00 | YLighting
Mack Pink Rose Four Post Mahogany Bronze Pendant
$171.00 | Bellacor
Elementem | NYC Skyline Wall Art
YLiving.com
Two-Shelf Spice Rack
$5.99 | zulily
Bindy Iridescent Ceramic Table Lamp
Overstock.com