High quality, reasonably priced sofa brands??

IAD2RDUJuly 28, 2014

I worked in Restoration Hardware years ago. The experience really made me appreciate the beauty and sturdiness of High quality sofas...kiln-dried hardwood, sinuous coil, 8-way hand tied, analine dyed top grain leather, etc. I have had my Resto Mitchell Gold pieces for over 10 years. Still in great shape but we are moving to a new home that requires Furniture with different lines. So... I am curious...Are there US-made brands out there, comparable in quality to "Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams" but at a more reasonable cost?? I do not need extravagant lines, etc...I just want quality pieces, mainly sofa, made in the US. Thanks in advance... :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SirJohn

Smith Brothers is made in Indiana and uses Maple frames and coil springs (though not hand tied) for a reasonable price. If you can find them in your area, they might be worth checking out. Not sure what their leather options cost, but their fabric furniture is very reasonable for the construction features.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smith Brothers

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 9:35AM
IAD2RDU

Thank you! I found a retailer in my area...beautiful quality. We might actually go with one of their pieces. Thank you!

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 11:58AM
freethinker99

You might also have a look at Huntington House.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Best quality Kids/Youth Furniture
Help! I have had more trouble finding decent quality...
dse1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™