Garage door noise and insulation questions
After posting here and on another home and garden forum, and some good ol googling. I think I narrowed down all my questions on what I am looking for.
I'd really appreciate if you can help me out with any of the questions or provide feedback.
GDO should have these features.
- Belt Driven
- r16 insulated doors, anything better? we got very cold winters in Montreal.
- Battery Back up
- Outdoor Keypad
- Comes with 2 remotes that can open either door on the same pad,.
- Do I have to replace tracks because of the noise? heard about rubber tracks that are hung. Someone suggested vibration kit, is this in addition to the tracks or does this replace the tracks? Lift Master vibration kit G89LM.
-What about air that comes in from around the doors, will new garage doors fix that or does something else have to be done?
- What HP do I need? and will more HP increase noise?
- How do I know what the current R value is of current doors, do I replace or insulate?
- Who makes the best unit and what is the model #?