Need advice on sealing garage

jason91230March 8, 2013

I need advice on sealing my garage floor. The only reason I am doing this is because I have a finished basement area directly under the garage floor. Before it was finished, we would get rust marks on the metal tray frame that served as the ceiling under the garage. We'd also get little rust drop marks on the floor of the basement which obviously means water was getting through the floor below.

I dont care about looks or anything like that. I just dont want any water to stain my new ceiling under the garage.

The garage is in 4 pads that were not caulked until recently so that probably had a lot to do with the water getting through but I want to seal the whole floor to be sure.

I've heard I can use Seal Krete Clear Seal or some type of epoxy paint. What is the best solution for not allowing any water to get through?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinan

Sealer is to seal up the pores of the concrete to protect the concrete itself, but it doesn't make the concrete watertight. You need to find all cracks and caulk them up, then use a masonry/concrete waterproofing like DryLok (available at HD and Lowes).

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™