What vintage is this hendredon? Worth it? Photo

blue_mountainJuly 31, 2010

I'm looking for a chair and ottoman to create a reading nook. I'm a newbie at all this and want to make sure I'm making a solid decision.

This pair of chairs and ottoman are available locally and advertised as "vintage Hendredon". I like how they look but was curious if anyone could tell me 1) from what era are these chairs?, 2) does this seem like a reasonable deal for $80? and 3) how do I tell if they are in good condition? Oh, and how much might I expect to pay for reupolstering them?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gdowns13

For good quality upholstery and complete rebuild down to frame, we have paid around $700 for a chair a similar size. We have had an antique sofa reupholstered for around $1000 and an antique rocking chair for about $350. That may give you a bit of a ballpark. Finding a high quality upholster may be difficult, and if they are good they will be busy and it may take awhile to get your chairs back.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 3:02PM
janjan212

I know absolutely nothing about the subject so I will be no help with your questions. I just wanted to say I really like these and think they would look great reupholstered! If you do it, I hope you post pics of your finished product!

Bookmark   August 6, 2010 at 11:37AM
mjsee

They look to be from the 1960's. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Flexsteel Lattitudes question....
My wife and I are about ready to purchase our first...
bgaviator
Omnia leather furniture
We have seen a sofa by Omnia that we like - for around...
Susijo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™