wood look vinyl click planks.

deejayjayApril 25, 2012

Want to know it anyone has used the wook look vinyl planks that click together. How were they to put down and how are they holding up? I know everyone here thinks wood or tile is best, but I just don't see why we should for our house. We live in a 80000.00 house on a 200,000.00 acerage. A 40 plus yr old split entry with 3 bdrm 1.5 bath. Our county has a master plan, and our home is not on it. We want to keep things nice for ourselves, but with the realization that the future of the home may be a bulldozer. We have lots of animals, and muddy tracks. Sick of dirty carpet. Anyone with experience with this type of floor?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbcollins

I am guessing you are talking about the Allure Ultra?

I have used the old version of Allure many times and love it. We are doing a bathroom now and I plan on using some of the travertine look Allure Ultra. Then I am planning on using one of the wood styles for the living room. When I was in HD last week the merchandisers were in looks like they are bringing in a lot more colors to the stores.

A sample piece I picked up off their cart looks very durable. I tried scratching it with a letter open and could not.

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 1:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alkibeachkirsty

We are looking at the same type of product for a basement remodel- probably either Allure/Konecto, or Armstrong Luxe Plank since we are leaning towards DIY. I've found some good information doing searches on this forum- try "Allure" or "Konecto" or "vinyl plank", there are an array of responses from folks who have installed vinyl plank, with varying results. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
DIY Stained Concrete
We are planning on doing the stained concrete ourselves...
DogwoodAcres
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™