missing car remote

kitkat_2007March 4, 2007

I have a craftman 3/4 HP opener and can not find the instructions. I need to change the the settings on the car remotes due to one being missing from my sons car - we have two others. How do I go about resetting the other two? Thanks for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

It depends. You can erase the memory of the receiver by locating the smart/learn button on the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and hold this button for 6 seconds and then release. Neither of your remotes should work at this time and neither will the missing remote. Now you need to program the remotes by pressing and holding the button on the remote while you press and immediately release the smart/learn button. Do this for each of them. Here is where the catch comes in. If your missing remote had exactly the same code as one of the two remaining it will also open your door now. The only way to eliminate any possibility is to buy all new remotes erase the memory as above, program the new remotes and never again use one of the old ones.

Bookmark   March 5, 2007 at 10:14AM
charlie76

Don,
I also have a programming issue with my 139.53677SRT1 and have read many of your posts. Great help by the way.
Just tried your programming steps (Hold the button on the remote and then push quickly the LEARN button) but the LED on the GDO lit steady for 5 seconds then went off and the programming did not happen. Any other idea?.
Thanks a lot for all your posts.

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 11:02AM
don_1_2006

charlie I answered your post above. I'm now perplexed. It now sounds like the logic board. I hope you have a friend or neighbor you can experiment with.

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 4:42PM
bluewidgeon

Kitkat,

You need to just push the learn button down and release & the amber led will lite next to the button. You then get about 30 secs to push the desired button on the hand remote. The light will flash twice when programmed. It's programmed. Do the same the other remotes to program them.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™