Unable to program Liftmaster remotes

crvgtMarch 3, 2007

I have a 10 year old Liftmaster chain-driven 1/3 hp garage door opener. With help from this forum, I just successfully change both the worm and drive gear and after some trial and error, the garage door now opens and closes fine with the wall switch. However, I am now unable to program the several remotes I own which all worked fine prior to my repair. I don't think this opener has a "lock" function which I had read may be a possible cause. The opener has an amber LED that when pressed, stays solid for about 20 seconds, but then simply turns off. I actually don't remember if this LED had always been amber in the past. The LED has no reaction to the pressing of the remote buttons. Could I have damaged the main board itself in any way? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

I do not know what you could have done to damage it. If you touched part of the circuit board while replacing the gear, you would have felt it if it was plugged in. Since you door is operating fine, I would assume your circuit board is plugged in correctly, but just for safe measures double check it. Push the learn button then hit one of your remotes and see if it takes it. If not I would have to say you have extremely bad luck and your reciever on the ciruit board has gone out. Does your opener do anything when you hit the remotes?

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
Minimum garage stall depth?
We have a 3-stall attached garage, where we park two...
btnik
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Sponsored Products
LED Dimmer w/ Wireless Wall Mount RF Remote - 12VDC
Super Bright LEDs
Low Black Stained Space Stools - Mater
$700.00 | HORNE
Whitman Ceiling Fan by Casablanca Fan Company
$439.00 | Lumens
Resort Variegated Stripe Duvet Cover
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Indoor Fan and Light Kit: Hampton Bay Cohutta 52 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan
Home Depot