Craftsman Garage Door opener question

jdwhealtonMarch 12, 2008

Hi folks...this is my first post here. I purchased two headaches yesterday.....used model 41A4315-6P's (1998...1/2HP). I wanted to use them for my animal gate controllers here at the house, BUT I can't get either one to work. I've never had an opener that required sensor inputs...so, I need to know if there is a way to fool terminals 2 and 3 (white and black) so that a momentary on 1 and 2 will cause the darn things to operate.

What they are both doing now is: when I first plug them in....green LED blinks on/off occasionally, then short 1-2: unit clicks, green button LED goes into cycles of 5, light bulb flashes a few times then steady for a period, and the motor does nothing. I have jumpered 2-3 AND left it open with the same result. Both units are doing the same exact thing. I do not have remotes for these. I removed the covers and everything looks good...all internal wiring is intact and connected. So...just what is it looking for on 2 and 3 in order for the motor to operate ?? Also tried holding 1-2 connection for a period and nothing more happened.

Thanks for your help......jd

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdwhealton

oops...model 139.53650SRT

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 12:46PM
don_1_2006

You cannot bypass the sensors. They must be connected and working.

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 1:16PM
jdwhealton

If they're electrical (and they are) and supply a modified signal through resistance, capacitance, or whatever...then the opener can be fooled. I just don't know what it's looking for on 2 and 3. If I had a schematic...wouldn't be a problem for me.

Also, there is a pop-off plate on the rear of the unit that has a two wire plug on the back side of it. Anyone know what this is for? jd

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 1:39PM
don_1_2006

There must be a forum somewhere with all the guys trying to defeat those sensors. Good luck. Actually what it's looking for is a signal supplied by an infra-red beam from the sending sensor to the receiving sensor. The tried and true way of supplying that signal is by the sensors.

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 6:21PM
techdave

Hi jd, the gdo's are not headaches, a seller who sold them to you w/o the sensors they need to work is.

No offence, but if you are experienced and skilled enough to make an informed analysis of the need for the sensors, you should be able to figure out what the board needs to see at white and black.

Or you could just get 2 sets of sensors and be done with it.

BTW, why would you think a moving gate with no sensors is any safer than amoving door with no sensors? Those snesors have ben in use since 1993 for good reason.

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Sponsored Products
Jefferson Kitchen Cart - 80690
$133.96 | Hayneedle
56-inch Recessed In the Wall Frameless Pantry Medicine Cabinet
Overstock.com
Furniture of America Modern Avant-garde 2-cabinet Dining Buffet Server
Overstock.com
Blue Star Group Dining Furniture TERRACE MATES Caleo Premium 5-Piece Patio
Home Depot
New York Rangers 'Welcome Sign'
$21.99 | zulily