Has anyone installed a car lift in their workshop/garage?

staccatoMarch 8, 2007

I'm interested in feedback on this. I see a place here that sells 2 post lifts for about $5K.

http://www.westernhoist.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ron6519

I've been looking at these myself. I was looking at the 4 post variety. I thought they were a little more stable and spread the load out on 4 posts rather then two. Found a few companies that had the them for around $1900-2300. If I remember they were in the 7000 lb capacity range.
I was going to use it primarily for double storage,but also to work on the cars.
Ron

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 11:23AM
staccato

Do these post type lifts have to set into the concrete or do they fasten some other way to the floor?

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 6:22PM
ron6519

The one a neighbor has is bolted to the concrete floor of the garage. His is a 4 post. He stores a Corvette on the upper tier.
Ron

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 10:50PM
blue_fastback

I have installed a 2 post in ground hoist in my garage and my father has a 2 post above ground hoist in his. A above ground 2 post hoist at $5ooo in to much. As far as brands go, Rotary in my opinion are the best. They have been in bussiness scince th 1930's. I love my in ground hoist. You dont have to worry about door dings and trying to work on the inside of the vehicle when on the hoist. The above ground take up a lot of room also unless thats not a problem. You also need a tall cieling for a hoist to work properly.

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™