Craftsman Garage Door won't shut

hamiltonFebruary 28, 2006

The problem started when my wife locked the door handles on the garage door thinking she was opening it when locked out. Not knowing, I came home and tried to put the doors up by the remote, but they were locked with the manual locking bar. The security bar bent, and the doors stopped. After finally getting the bar unlatched and straightened, now one of my doors won't stay down. Both wouldn't at first. I have opened/closed it manually and the track seems fine. I realigned the sensors until they were lit and not blinking at all, yet the base blinks when it returns to the up position after not closing. Any ideas??? I've tried all the usual culprits and solutions carefully.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

If "base blinks" means the main bulb on the opener is flashing 10 times when the door reverses it is a problem with your door sensors or the associated wiring. Nothing else will cause this. If the door hits the floor and then reverses you need to adjust the 'down limit' which is on the side of the opener. Turn it a bit in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. You may need to experiment to get it right.

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 1:05PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™