Craftsman 1/3 hp GDO remote problem

nate_oFebruary 20, 2006

I have bought a used Craftsman 1/3 hp GDO and installed it. The button on the wall works but I can't get the remote to work. The model is 41A3066 and it doesn't have any kind of lrn button on the unit and nothing inside the remote to change other than the battery ,and I did. The only thing on the opener is a code bar and I don't know if it might have got changed the remote reads 139.53859. The guy I got the GDO from said it worked fine a week ago but doesn't have the book that it came with and we can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Nate you say the opener has a "code bar". Can you explain what this is? Is it a small plastic box with several slide switches?

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 5:29PM
nate_o

DON I was hoping you would replay. From the other forums it looks you know alot about this subject. And the answer is yes. And other than the wiring screws and up/down force screws that is the only thing on the GDO.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 6:32PM
Don_

Okay, if you have the correct remote you will find the same set of switches inside. You may have to remove the small phillips head screw to get to it. The switches are numbered 1 through 9 and each one has 3 positions. They are marked by a +, an 0 or a - sign. The position of the switches in the remote must match exactly the switches on the motor unit. Yours may have less switches but they still must match. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 6:48PM
nate_o

The remote I have has nothing inside chip board.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 7:00PM
Don_

nate, the only remote that will work with an opener that has dipswitches is one that also has them. I think the seller misled you.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 7:47PM
nate_o

The man that I got the door from had two on his house. He took them down and sold me the one that was not used much,thinking it would be in better condition, and sold the other to someone else. He is a friend of the family so I trust that it was working. The reason I tell you this is to ask, Could it have worked some how in conjunction with the other door or remote but not alone?

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 8:06PM
Don_

nate, he could have given you the remote that went with the other opener. I would tell him the problem you are having and maybe he can get it straightened out.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™