How do I find someone who can take 1/2 inch off

careercounselorJuly 7, 2009


I was able to find some great pine bookcases with crown molding on Craig's List (have been looking for years). I love them but couldn't figure out what wasn't working and then realized that the front of each shelf measures 1 1/2" and I think they would look much better at about 1". I grew up with lots of bookcases, have looked at lots of pictures, and I've decided this is what I want--how do I go about finding someone who could take that 1/2" off and sand the cut ends of 8 shelves that are about 2 feet long. Grateful thanks for any guidance.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

This is a job for a table saw. If you have a woodworking store around your area (independent, Rockler, or Woodcraft), they can probably lead you to a craftsman, furniture repair shop, furniture maker, or cabinet shop who could do this for you.

The major problem might be matching the finish from the original to freshly cut wood.

    Bookmark   July 7, 2009 at 8:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
About Maffam
Give opinions about garden furniture Maffam. The main,...
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™