using multiple remotes with one garage door opener

cibanezFebruary 27, 2006

Hi!

I just moved to an apartment building and our garage holds 9 cars, we have a Cratsman 1/2 hp. 06/00 41A4315-7D

I was able to program my remote (craftman remote) today but messed up everyone elses, so now only mine and the 3 that own universal remotes work.

I need to program all remotes tomorrow, I have a few questions... maybe someone can give me a clue....

With mine it will be 6 remotes - how many can be programmed?

Just like i messed all today when I do another one tomorrow will I mess the previously programmed ones?

Does this mean that if someone else programs a new remote it will mess everyone up?

Thanks! I will apreaciate any help, I don't want to bother all of my new neighbors!!

Claudia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

I think what you need to do is get all these remotes together and get the correct model number off the opener. The number you gave is a part number for the logic board. The model number looks like 139.XXXXXSRT1 or 2. Then call 1-800-528-5236. This number will connect you to a technical representative for the manufacturer. They will help you.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 11:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
installer01

It depends. There may be a limit... Do these remotes have dip-switches or no dip-switches for programming? If they have dip's you can program in as many as you want. If they are not, you will have a limit on how many can be programmed into the operator. You may need a commercial receiver designed to handle many remotes,Or a remote/receiver set with dip-switches... Dan

Bookmark   April 18, 2006 at 8:16AM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™