Craftsman GDO - problem with the opener lights

maandinoFebruary 21, 2009

My Greetings To All Forum Members:

Re: Craftsman Garage Door Opener model 139.53985D

The problem consist that approximately, ten minutes after the garage door is closed, the opener door lights are turning on automatically, and remain on. I verified that both safety sensors and the indicator lights are okay (green on one side and amber the other side- steady-) also verified that there is no obstruction in the sensor beam. I keep trying to turn off the lights using the "Wall- Mounted Door Control" but the lights remain on.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

I am wondering if this might have something to do with the function that automatically turns your lights on or off when the sensor beam is broken. Also I wonder if programming this function might eliminate your problem.

To program the lights to come on automatically when you walk into an open garage you must START with the lights ON. If you don't want that feature and you want to turn it off you must START with the lights OFF.

To turn the feature on, turn the lights on manually with the wall switch, then press and hold the LIGHT button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash.

Now, if the light bulbs are on, manually turn them off and then walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on.

To disable this feature, start with the light bulbs OFF and everything else is the same.

I think it is worth a try to see if this helps.

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 12:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katshot

Wish I had this info sooner. Long story short, I didn't realize you had to start with the light on to make the feature work. Evidently, I was trying to program it starting with the light off and when it didn't work, I thought the system was broken. I've been putting up with the light feature not working for months!

Bookmark   February 25, 2009 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™